Non-toxic, self-extinguishing PVDF resists strong acids, corrosion and radiation.
For parts that perform to specification in highly demanding wet environments, KYNAR®/PVDF is the material of choice. This fluorinated thermoplastic resin resists strong organic acids and mineral compounds while retaining UV stability, high purity and V-O rated flame resistant properties. It is FDA-compliant for use in food processing and handling as well as non-flammable.
Easily fabricated using standard machining and welding processes, KYNAR®/PVDF retains its properties after years of continuous use, with no swelling or structural changes over time.
• Polyvinylidene fluoride
• Consistent white color
• Excellent chemical, moisture and corrosion resistance
• Radiation and UV resistant
• High tensile and mechanical strength from -22°F to +300°F
• Meets ASTM D6713-01 standards
• High purity
• FDA compliant
• Good dielectric properties
• Fluid handling
• Food handling
• Chemical processing
• Food processing