- 20% Glass filled Ultem
Material choice creates burr and flatness problems with given part configuration.
Annealing cycle coupled with milling process maintains flatness to customer specification. Proper end mill selection eliminates burring problem.
- Clear acrylic machining
Finished projector lens requiring high quality finish. Cast acrylic chosen for its optical clarity and light transmittance.
Cast Acrylic Component
- Clear Acrylic Light Pipe
Cast Acrylic LED Light Pipe Cast Acrylic Component
- Flame Polished Acrylic Manifold
Cast Acrylic Manifold Plastic manifold for use in a medical application.
- Small clear acrylic manifold
Cast Acrylic, Polished Polished Cast Acrylic Component
- Flame Polished Acrylic Intake
Acrylic Intake Component, Flame Polished
- Vapor Polished Acrylic Manifolds
Various Acrylic Medical Components, Polished Acrylic Components for a medical device
- Medical Polished Acrylic Manifold
Acrylic Polished Manifold for a Medical Application
- Acrylic components, vapor polished
Various vapor polished acrylic pieces
- Delrin Medical Component
Black Delrin parts need close tolerance with minimal burrs Careful consideration for type and manufacturer of Delrin. Custom fixture for solid part support.
- Precision Machined Plastic Medical Component
Electrophoresis Comb requires no burrs on well sites Good machining practice combined with bead blast finish leaves consistent tooth profile
- Close Tolerance Delrin Machining
Close Tolerance Delrin Machined Part
- Vapor Polished Polycarbonate Manifold
- Polycarbonate Machining
Samples of Polycarbonate Machining Medical Device Component, precision machined in polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate Manifold, Vapor Polished
Polycarbonate Manifold, Vapor Polished
- Bead Blasted Polycarbonate
Sample of Bead Blasted Polycarbonate Component
- Vapor Polishing of Polycarbonate
Sample of Vapor Polishing on Polycarbonate Part
- PEEK Manifold Machining
- Polypropylene Machining
Image of plastic component machined from Polypropylene
- Polysulfone Machining
Polysulfone Machined Parts Photo
- PEEK Machining
Plastic manifold machined from PEEK
- Polysulfone Machined Components
Photos of Parts Machined from Polysulfone
- PVC Machining
Plastic Manifold machined from PVC
- PVC Machined Manifold
Clear PVC Manifold for Medical device. Lettering is engraved for port identification.
- 40% Glass Filled Ryton Machined Part
- Teflon Machining
- Machined Teflon Manifolds
- Teflon Machining
- 30% Glass Filled Ultem Machining
- Black Ultem Machining
- Ultem Semiconductor Comb
- Machined Plastic Parts
- Black polysulfone milling.
Part requires Helicoil inserts
- Natural ultem machined component
Machined ultem semiconductor component, 2 ft sq. Pockets within .003 true position. Special machining cycle and packaging procedures to maintain accuracy.
At Connecticut Plastics, we have assembled a state of the art milling department.
We are proud to produce mill components with a high degree of consistency to close tolerances with no burrs. Surface finishes can be near optical-quality grade as needed. Complex components are easily manufactured through the direct import of files from most CAD systems.
Our mill capabilities include:
- Work envelope 27″ x 15″ x 17.5″
- Plastic compatible coolants
- High speed drill-tap and conventional mills
- MasterCam software
- Prototype to production quantities
- Lights-out operation
- Pallet systems for high throughput
- Positional accuracy to 0.0002″ over 12″
- Repeatability to +/- 0.00008″
- 15,000 RPM spindle
- Deep hole drilling
- Micro hole drilling
- Tolerances to +/- 0.0002″