Machining vs. Molding
In many instances, injection molding isn't the best or only choice for fabricating plastic components.
Plastic machining has many advantages worth considering.
- Greatest design change flexibility
- Greatest cost efficiency for smaller quantities
- No parting lines, ejector marks, or flash
- No draft angles required
- Closest tolerances possible
- Lowest component stress
- Fastest turnaround time
- Low or no tooling cost
- Ease of producing features such as threads and undercuts